The Penumbra System® is a fully-integrated system designed specifically for mechanical thrombectomy. It is intended for use in the revascularization of patients with acute ischemic stroke secondary to intracranial large vessel occlusions.
The Penumbra System is engineered for quick and effective clot removal. Penumbra ENGINE® generates nearly pure vacuum to power clot capture by the RED®, Penumbra JET®, ACE®, and MAX® Reperfusion Catheters. The 3D Revascularization Device™ is a next generation thrombus removal device designed for use with the RED, Penumbra JET, and ACE Reperfusion Catheters.
The Penumbra System is comprised of several devices:
- RED Reperfusion Catheters
- Penumbra JET Reperfusion Catheters
- ACE Reperfusion Catheters
- MAX Reperfusion Catheters
- 3D Revascularization Device
- Penumbra ENGINE Aspiration Source
- Penumbra ENGINE Canister
- Aspiration Tubing
- Delivers and maintains nearly pure vacuum (-29.2 inHg or 98.9 kPa)a
- Simple setup
- Integrated clot catcher
- Disposable Penumbra ENGINE Canister
- Compatible with all Penumbra System Reperfusion Catheters
a. Data on file at Penumbra, Inc
Therapies & Conditions
Learn more about how our products are used for a broad spectrum of conditions.