2017 High School Internship Program
Our Summer High School Internship Program immerses students in the dynamic setting of a global healthcare company dedicated to saving lives. At Penumbra, interns tackle real-world projects that turn academic knowledge into industry experience, while simultaneously building interview, presentation, communication, and networking skills.
We invite students with career goals in healthcare and medical technology fields to apply for placement in such disciplines as finance, marketing, production, human resources, and engineering. Specifically, we seek quick learners who are curious, enthusiastic, and eager to join a team striving to impact the future of healthcare, today!
Areas of Interest
- Human Resources
Time & Pay
- Flexible schedules available
- $11.00 per hour
- 8 weeks
- Enhance academic knowledge through hands-on work experience
- Network and establish relationships within an industry leader
- Evaluate and determine potential career paths
- Gain career advice from knowledgeable and experienced professionals
- Develop public speaking, project management, time management, and communication skills
- Work in a collaborative culture that supports ongoing growth and learning
- Current high school junior or senior in the city of Alameda
- At least 17 years of age
- US citizen or legally permitted to work in the US
- Minimum 2.80 GPA
Interested? We want to hear from you!
- APPLY HERE
- Resumes must be submitted by April 28
- Interviews will be conducted the weeks of May 1 and May 8
- Candidates will be notified by May 26 if they have been awarded a summer internship
About Penumbra, Inc.
Penumbra, Inc., headquartered in Alameda, California, is a global healthcare company focused on interventional therapies that designs, develops, manufactures and markets innovative devices. The company has a broad portfolio of products that addresses challenging medical conditions and significant clinical needs across two major markets, neuro and peripheral vascular. Penumbra sells its products to hospitals primarily through its direct sales organization in the U.S., most of Europe, Canada and Australia, and through distributors in select international markets.
Penumbra Human Resources Department
Deborah Bain, Manager of Human Resources